- Pay Rate:
£16.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Senior Business Support Officer
Job Ref: Charnwood RQ680261
Pay Rate: £16.00 per hour PAYE
Manage and co-ordinate Contract Administration for the Repairs & Investment section working with Contractors and reporting to the Repairs & Investment Manager
- Support, Co-ordinate all Contract Administration providing a range of support services to ensure the smooth running of operational activities.
- Have overall responsibility for Contract Administration including checking draft valuations, works orders, instructions and variations, processing of final valuation, Payment Certificates and invoices.
- To ensure that service contracts are managed in accordance with the council’s standing orders, financial regulations and contract procedures at all times.
- To arrange and attend regular meetings with contractors and managers and provide documented minutes of all such meetings.
- Co-ordinate Disrepair claims investigations and ensure that proper and effective systems and processes are in place for efficient storage, retrieval and archiving of Disrepair claims and adhered to within the appropriate timescales.
- Support the complaints process for Housing Services. Co-ordinate complaint investigations to ensure that appropriate investigation of complaints is adhered to within the appropriate timescales.
- Ensure that accurate and detailed performance information is readily available and that Repairs & Investment Section is able to capture, collate, report and analyse the most appropriate source data from a number of systems to meet the needs of the user and the service.
- As a term of your employment you can be required to undertake such other duties commensurate with your grade, and/or hours of work, as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any other of the Authority's establishments
- Deliver of an effective and appropriate service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination.
- Responsible for protecting and managing information securely, and reporting breaches or suspected information security breaches, in line with Council policies
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C and above or equivalent
- Experience of working within a complaints and/or customer care function
- Experience of analysing data
- Excellent standard of literacy and effective written communication skills for writing letters, reports, meeting notes and decisions
- Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and work under own direction in order to achieve targets and meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with a demanding workload and to prioritise accordingly
- Ability to work as part of an effective team and as an individual
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior Business Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.