- Pay Rate:
£19.04 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
The Council is looking for an experienced subject specialist to support the Risk Continuity and Compliance Manager on the co-ordination and development, maintenance and embedding of a system of effective business continuity across the Council, in line with best professional practice and legislation, to ensure appropriate and robust business continuity strategies are in place and adhered to. Flexibility and adaptability are key to the role given the ever changing environment and challenges faced across all council services as it emerges from the response to COVID-19. The postholder will be required to be based from home, in line with current government guidance, in future a combination of homeworking, office and site working maybe required and subject to guidance changes
- Support the Risk Continuity and Compliance Manager in the development and maintenance of the BC Framework.
- Develop and update corporate business continuity documentation and guidance.
- To lead on and contribute to the preparation of highly technical reports and presentations to management teams, project or service Forums/Boards and Governance Groups.
- Provide highly specialised and expert guidance, advice and support to senior leaders and Members directly on the Council’s approach business continuity.
- Be the business continuity subject matter expert and point of contact.
- Attendance at and reporting to meetings with key stakeholders, which may include Continuity Champions, Service Managers, Directors and Assistant Directors, Senior Leadership Team and Elected Members.
- Coordinate business continuity awareness centrally throughout the organisation.
- Assist in the coordination of business continuity between service areas, identifying areas of commonality and/or divergence.
- Liaise with Digital Services and Cyber Security on the specific vulnerabilities and response to IT outages.
- Assess the needs and develop business continuity training programme
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of working in public sector environment and/or understanding of unique challenges
- Prior experience of the development of BC within a diverse, multi-site and corporate environment
- Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to draft and maintain high quality, accurate and legible correspondence and minutes
- Able to work on own initiative without immediate supervision, to manage and prioritise workloads and to meet deadlines in a busy and challenging environment
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.