- Pay Rate:
£17.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Temporary Senior Building Surveyor – Public Buildings
Reference no: Caerphilly 5204273
Working on numerous low-medium value projects simultaneously . Refurbishment and Planned Maintenance on schools and other public buildings (not housing/domestic)
To provide surveying and contract management services in relation to planned maintenance, refurbishment and improvement projects to Authority buildings (Non-housing).
Be the lead project officer on one or more projects at any given time. Specifically:
- Carry out site surveys and develop a project brief.
- Establish and agree a budget estimate and delivery programme.
- Prepare specifications, drawings and other tender documentation.
- Liaise with and manage the input of other specialists, e.g. structural, M and E, Asbestos.
- Collate planning and building regulation documents.
- Consult and communicate with the client and other stake holders throughout the project.
- Evaluate tenders and make recommendations to the client.
- Chair project meetings and administer the building contract.
- Assist the QS in agreeing a final account.
- Assist other project officers with all of the above where required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant Level 4 or 5 qualification on the Credit and Qualifications Framework For example HNC or HND in Building Studies.
- Good working knowledge of:
- The maintenance of local authority buildings.
- Current building regulations & CDM regs.
- Building defects analysis.
- DDA design requirements.
- Fire regulations in relation to access and egress
- Asbestos management and working on live/occupied buildings
- Extensive surveying experience covering a range of building types.
- Extensive contract management experience.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Able to communicate professionally.
- Self motivation.
- Effective decision making.
- Able to effectively chair progress meetings.
- Team player.
- ICT Skills:
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD. &NBS
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Proficient in the use of Revit design software.
- Proficient on the use of MS Project.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements: Full UK Category B (Cars) Driving Licence
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Relevant Level 6 qualification on the Credit and Qualifications Framework. For example Degree in Building Surveying.
- Creative ability in relation to building form and the choice of materials and colours.
- Welsh language skills.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Specialist in depth experience in relation to school design and maintenance.
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior Building Surveyor – Public Buildings
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.