- Pay Rate:
£19.32 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 6 months until further notice
Temporary Senior Asset Valuer (Engineering & Surveying)
Reference no: Derbyshire 5211776
Note: The rate reflects the client’s current salary rate. However, this is negotiable based on market rates.
An Asset Valuer is needed to carry out valuations of land and property assets, and to provide professional and technical advice on real estate issues to senior managers and client departments.
- Organise and deliver valuations for the land and property portfolio in accordance with CIPFA and RICS guidelines to meet statutory obligations in respect of Asset Valuations.
- Assist the Principal Asset Valuer in the delivery of the Asset Valuation Programme ensuring services are delivered in line with the framework of quality standards, performance targets and budgetary control.
- Lead on the more complicated, high value and sensitive cases across a wide range of estate management duties to support the Principal Asset Valuer.
- Be a key point of contact for resolving issues, working with landlords, tenants, building and maintenance services and other property stakeholders to deliver a high-quality service.
- Provide professional advice in respect of the property asset valuations and other real estate matters.
- Investigate issues relating to planning consent, site features and topography, wildlife and the environment, legal title and tenure, highways and access, service and utility provision, infrastructure, site assembly, restrictive covenants, and overage clauses etc. where they might influence the value of an asset.
- Assist in the coordination of other team members and external agents, checking and validating work and contribute to the preparation of market reports to deliver the asset valuation programme on time.
- Collaborate with other professional staff and officers to achieve successful completion of joint projects.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree in Urban Estate Surveying, Real Estate or another related subject.
- Be a member of the RICS and capable of becoming a Registered Valuer.
- An understanding of lease and sale terms and conduct transactional negotiations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the effects of the property market.
- Comprehensive understanding of Land and Property Law.
- Knowledge and understanding of the five principal valuation techniques.
- Have experience of carrying out Local Authority Asset Valuations in accordance with RICS and CIPFA Guidelines.
- Significant post qualification experience in estate management and valuation.
- Experience of working with computerised systems and embracing new technology.
- Experience of working to targets.
- Experience undertaking asset valuations.
- The ability to communicate both in writing-via technical and non-technical reports, letters etc. and verbally.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate organisational and research skills, show high attention to detail, set, and maintain standards.
- The ability to use computerised systems and packages including Microsoft Office and other real estate applications proficiently.
- The ability to carry out property surveys and deliver reasoned valuations.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team within a professional property environment.
- The ability to mentor less experienced staff.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior Asset Valuer (Engineering & Surveying)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.