- Pay Rate:
£10.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- SOUTH SHIELDS,
Temporary SEND Support Officer
Job Ref: 1000055212385172
Enhanced DBS required for this role
To provide administrative and clerical support to SEND Services, and to work towards the objectives of the team and the wider Strategic Group
- Assist in the organisation and provision of clerical and administrative support, including maintaining records, scanning documents, preparing information for key meetings, such as the SEND Panel, responding to and answering queries, maintaining office systems, diary management, arranging meeting room and travel bookings, etc.
- Ensure that office equipment, stationery and other office consumables are ordered in accordance with purchasing procedures.
- Cancel appointments when other team members phone to say they are on sickness absence.
- Prepare and send a range of standard letters for SEND officers (e.g. requesting statutory advice) and record that these letters have been sent.
- Receive emails and telephone calls for SEND Officers when they are out of the office, relaying messages to all staff as necessary.
- Operate and demonstrate relevant ICT software packages eg word processing packages, databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint to less experienced colleagues.
- Occasionally provide reception services for visitors to SEND Services, to ensure that in accordance with safety and security policies, they are escorted at all times
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- At least 4 GCSEs grade C or above or equivalent including English and Maths
- Significant clerical experience
- Experience of using Microsoft Office including databases
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritise work
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary SEND Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.