- Pay Rate:
£150.03 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- HACKNEY, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary School Governance Admin Officer/Clerk – Governing Boards
Reference no: Hackney RQ646915
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
To play an integral part in the development and running of Hackney Education Governance Services, providing expert advice and clerking services to schools within Hackney and out of borough
To support the effective delivery of work of a team of sessional clerks, by assisting in the monitoring of quality assurance and by direct line management of clerks
To support the strategic development of governing boards enabling stronger governance and ensuring that every child receives the best possible education
To provide a professional and comprehensive clerking service to a group of governing boards in accordance with statutory requirements
To provide professional administrative support and expert independent advice to ensure that governance has the greatest impact in improving the quality of education for all children.
To enable governors to discharge their statutory functions most effectively
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree qualified or equivalent (in area of legal administration/ law; public policy development; corporate governance)
- Part Qualified or at least be committed to completing the National Training Programme for Clerks or an equivalent - desirable
- Minimum of 12 months recent administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of working in governance and understanding its impact on improving standards e.g. public service context; private sector context
- Knowledge of the educational system and the role of governance within it
- Interpreting, reviewing and implementing legislation, statutory guidance and best practice policies and procedures
- Providing high quality expert advice on the law, statutory guidance and good practice
- Ability to produce professional minutes in the context of public accountability
- ICT Skills: Comprehensive knowledge of technology including Google Suite, Word, Excel and collaborative online tools
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp School Governance Admin Officer – Governing Boards
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.