- Pay Rate:
£12.82 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Ealing, London,
Temporary Scanning Indexing & Control Assistant x 4 – Finance
Reference no: Ealing 5987-1
Pay Rate: £12.82 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all Council invoices are checked, verified and paid in accordance with agreed processes, procedures and timescales. Ensure that any post that has to be redirected to another section is clearly marked with the destination address.
- Acquire an understanding of the appropriate back-office computer system in order to make general enquiries against incoming post to ensure that documents are correctly scanned and indexed.
- Acquire an understanding of the appropriate scanning and indexing software application to ensure that documents are correctly scanned and indexed.
- Acquire an understanding of the appropriate legislation in order to understand specific requirements about incoming post to ensure that documents are correctly scanned and indexed.
- Open and sort all incoming post and allocate the relevant document type.
- Prepare and batch all document types ready for scanning.
- Scan all documents to a high quality within agreed timescales.
- File daily scanned documents clearly labelling all boxes to show contents. Stack boxes with due regard to Manual Handling procedures.
- Arrange disposal of boxed documents after an agreed period following GDPR/Data protection requirements.
- Index documents to the correct work queue/case/supplier following agreed processes and to agreed timescales.
- Assist in the training of new and temporary staff in post opening, post batching, scanning, and indexing processes and the use of associated equipment.
- Deal with service areas queries with regard to scanned and indexed documents either in person or on the telephone.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Previous experience within an Accounts Payable setting using financial IT systems/packages is essential, as this post is within the Invoice Processing Team.
- Strong organisational & administrative skills.
- Experience in the effective use of using scanning and indexing software application/document management system.
- Strong attention to detail for invoice verification.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Scanning Indexing & Control Assistantx4–Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.