- Pay Rate:
£12.74 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- FAREHAM, Hants,
Full Job Title: Temporary Safeguarding Co-ordinator/Admin – Police
Job Reference: Hampshire P RQ684754
Pay Rate: £12.74 per hour PAYE
Once trained (approx. 1 month) there may be an option to work from home. The role is for 2 months but may be extended dependent on workload
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
The purpose of your role will be to provide administrative support to the various functions of the PPD and Safeguarding Teams, and to provide an excellent service in supporting vulnerable victims across child protection, domestic abuse and adult protection incidents, through contact and working with agencies.
The job will involve risk assessing domestic abuse jobs using a guide and structured professional judgment and disseminating the information to the relevant agencies for support.
The role ideally would suit ex Police officer or staff that has/is using RMS; someone that has worked within public protection, child or adult services or ideally someone that has dealt with victims or perpetrators of domestic abuse.
Knowledge of DASH or using professional judgment in situations also would be ideal.
Key Accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Use of professional judgement, expertise and experience to prepare and administrate written summaries, reports, chronologies, forms and files for disclosure to partner agencies and for use by police representatives in a variety of Adult/Child Safeguarding related meetings.
- Provide administrative support to Safeguarding Teams in researching and inputting data, including markers, onto RMS (Record Management System) and other relevant databases as required/tasked.
- Research the relevant police systems- conducting checks to identify relevant information and intelligence concerning parties to Adult/Child Safeguarding enquiries using Force and national databases.
- Attend multi agency meetings where required.
- Answering enquiries from Police Staff, Officers and external agencies regarding all areas of Public Protection.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent police administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- *** Experience, Knowledge & Skills that match the role description above – please ensure these are clearly shown in your CV.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Safeguarding Co-ordinator/Admin – Police
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.