- Pay Rate:
£12.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary SA/ Senior Planner – Development Management
Job Ref: Lewes RQ447719
Process and determine all planning applications received and associated tasks
- Support, motivate and develop the professional officer team based in Lewes District Council in the delivery of designated services. Planning Applications in the Lewes Area including the South Downs National Park (SDNP)
- Support the processing and determination of planning and other applications within the area of responsibility, including determination and delivery of own caseload including delegated powers where appropriate
- Assess potentially significant applications to refer to the Senior Specialist Advisor/Head of Service for sign off where appropriate
- Input into strategic enforcement/compliance initiatives within the Lewes District Area including the SDNP
- Provide pre-application advice to prospective applicants for all development schemes
- Ensure preparation and presentation of reports are delivered in a timely manner and in accordance with procedures
- Manage the allocated appeal caseload and the preparation of Statements and Proofs of Evidence in respect of appeals to the Secretary of State and work with legal representatives as appropriate
- Represent the SDNP at Informal Hearings and at Public Inquiries in appropriate cases and to support Local Authorities on appeals that have an impact on SDNP interests
- Manage negotiations on legal issues in connection with all relevant DM team activities
- Manage effective and constructive negotiations on all planning matters
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant specialist qualification as per statutory requirements and / or if appropriate qualified by track record of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Planning back office systems (e.g. IDOX UNIFORM)
- A good knowledge of the working practices and methodologies of at least one of the relevant specialist services
- Good working knowledge of legislation and developments within the specialism
- Experience in dealing with service users and stakeholders
- Good communication skills both written and verbal to include report writing, presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively organise own and team workload to meet deadlines
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary SA / Senior Planner – Development Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.