- Pay Rate:
Up to £18.50 per hour PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- KETTERING, Northants,
Full Job Title: Temporary Revenues Officer – Resources
Job Reference: NNC (HQ) 10336
Pay Rate: Up to £18.50 per hour PAYE depending on experience TBC
Candidate must have Academy system experience and be experienced in all billing and recovery matters for Council tax
To facilitate and administer the process of billing, recovery and enforcement for Council Tax, Sundry Debts and Business Rates.
To ensure the collection & recovery of Council Tax, Sundry Debts and Business Rates in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of operating billing, recovery and invoicing systems and Enforcement of Debt.
- Experience of debt recovery in a Local Authority role or similar
- Experience of conducting complex and sensitive interviews with customers with appreciation of the need for tact, confidence and firmness when dealing with the public.
- Experience of working to a high standard in a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of Local Authority (or similar) billing, recovery and invoicing systems and procedures
- Knowledge of Housing benefit and Council Tax Support procedures and legislation including the Welfare Reform Act 2012
- Knowledge of Revenues billing and recovery statutory legislation
- Knowledge of third party organisations legislation, e.g Enforcement Agents, Citizen Advice Bureau & Insolvency.
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act 2018, specifically around GDPR and the impact this has on the Revenues Service
- Knowledge of internal Department’s legislation, Acts and processes to help with the collection of Sundry Debts
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Revenues Officer – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.