- Pay Rate:
Up to £20.72 per hour PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Milton Keynes,
Interim Revenues Advisor - Revenues and Benefits
Reference no: MKC 9166 27/06/22
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
The purpose of the role is to work within the Revenues Service to ensure that it meets its purpose of administering Council Tax and Business Rates accounts and collection of outstanding Revenues owed.
- Deal with customers to conclusion [where possible] by telephone, post or face to face to answer queries relating to Council Tax/Business Rates.
- To update the Council Tax/Business Rates system so that records are accurate and up to date.
- Provide support to the Team Leaders when necessary, so that the KPI’s are met and targets achieved.
- Make enquiries with internal and external customers to establish liability for Council Tax and Business Rates accounts.
- Occasionally assist with customer enquiries at the Magistrates Court in order that customer queries may be resolved, where possible, prior to the court hearing.
- Understand and meet the needs of our customers and identify and signpost customers in need of debt management or other advice.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE English & Maths grade A – C, or equivalent
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Must have Capita Academy experience.
- Experience of Council Tax/Business Rates – desirable
- Experience of planning and prioritising work to deadlines.
- Ability to use resources efficiently and effectively.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in working with all stakeholders of the Service.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Revenues Advisor – Revenues & Benefits
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.