- Pay Rate:
£10.41 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Retirement Housing Advisor – Homes First
Reference no: Lewes RQ575369
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Support the delivery of an efficient, effective and consistent tenancy management service, predominantly to older and vulnerable tenants across Eastbourne and Lewes.
Supporting Retirement Housing tenants to maintain their independence e.g. encouraging customer self-serve and spotting opportunities for the Council to initiate further enabling and self-serve.
Respond to customer concerns, manage processes and liaise with specialists and partner agencies. Maintain confidentiality in line with agreed policy and relevant data protection legislation.
To support the continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the service using best practice from others where appropriate.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good standard of general education including GCSE at grade C or above or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Basic first aid (or a willingness to undertake training if required) - desirable
- Relevant transferable work related skills, experience or Housing Qualification – desirable
- Experience of working in social housing service environment - desirable
- Awareness of basic health and safety issues connected to maintaining the security of building.
- Ability to deal sensitively with challenging situations.
- Experience of working in customer services environment
- Best practice relevant to the post e.g. Health and safety checks, low level ASB, tenancy sign ups, viewings, introductory tenancy visits and tenancy management.
- Knowledge of Sheltered Housing and issues relating to older people eg; pension benefits, adult social care services - desirable
- Knowledge of services provided across the councils – desirable
- IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Ability to undertake site visits.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle with business insurance
- Be available to work additional hours outside of normal working hours when need arises.
- Ability to travel across Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Retirement Housing Advisor – Homes First
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.