- Pay Rate:
£12.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- NORTH SHIELDS,
Temporary Residential Child Care Officer
Job Ref: N Tyneside 5233113640235
Enhanced DBS required for this role
To be employed in a children's residential setting to support 6 young people
- Ensuring the voices of children, young people and families’ are at the centre of all decision making and their voices are heard and valued as part of planning, intervention and reviewing process and wider service delivery.
- Ensuring you and the team work in partnership with colleagues from other agencies to develop and delivered coordinated packages of support as identified in a child/young person’s Care Plan.
- Using preventative intervention models to reduce young people’s involvement in risk taking behaviour and engaging in unhealthy and unsafe behaviours.
- Contributing to the development and leading on the delivery of timely and effective packages of intervention and support to children/young people and families as identified in the Care Plan.
- Working directly with children/young people and families in line with the Care Plan which will improve outcomes
- Ensuring the needs of a child or young person is met in accordance with their age and stage of development.
- Participating in shift hand-over meetings.
- Ensuring the fabric of the building, equipment and grounds meet the Quality Standards for Children’s Homes and Children’s Homes Regulations.
- Being accountable, as part of a team, for the delivery of the highest possible quality care that meet the needs of children/young people, Quality Standards for Children’s Homes and Children’s Homes Regulations.
- Providing positive care, support and appropriate boundaries to children and young people
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People (or willingness to undertake)
- Awareness of relevant legislation and statutory guidance i.e. Quality Standards for Children’s Homes, Children’s Homes Regulations
- Awareness of the role of key public agencies in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Experience of direct work with children and young people and their families
- Experience of child protection and working within policies and procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in managing competing priorities within timescales
- Ability to use technology and ICT systems
- Able to work in stressful situations
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Residential Child Care Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.