- Pay Rate:
£12.78 per hour PAYE TBC
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Resident Services Officer x2 - Housing
Job Ref: Croydon 6441
It is essential that candidates have either local authority experience or come from a housing association background. Candidates must be experienced dealing with formal complaints - dealing with stage 1 and stage 2 members enquiries (evidenced in CV). They must demonstrate a resilience to dealing with complaints and working in a front line service.
To be responsible for assisting with investigating, resolving and responding to formal and informal complaints and enquiries regarding the service delivered by the Responsive Repairs Section, and for helping to develop and maintain a system for producing comprehensive management information about enquiries and complaints to Responsive Repairs.
- Advise members, MPs and tenants with progress on responses, particularly where there are urgent issues.
- Investigate and prepare responses to all MP and Councillor enquiries
- Research and prepare responses on routine cases relating to stage 1 & 2 and Ombudsman complaints, Insurance and disrepair claims as requested by the Responsive Repairs Manager or Member and Residents Services Manager.
- Deal with all routine responses to letters, queries and complaints received by the Responsive Repairs Section.
- Assist with service development relating to extraordinary repair cases and disability and adaptation issues.
- Liaise with vulnerable tenants or their representatives on extraordinary or complex repair issues, or concerning complaints- this may involve visits to tenants in their homes.
- Liaison with partners, specialist contractors, support staff and external agencies as necessary to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- Work closely with the Repairs Partners and other Team Leaders to ensure a good quality and customer focused response to members, customers and Senior Managers which address all the issues and which promotes a positive image of the service.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Local authority experience or housing association background.
- Dealing with formal complaints - dealing with stage 1 and stage 2 members enquiries (this must be evidenced in CV).
- Dealing with members of the public in sometimes stressful situations where their expectations cannot always be met.
- Investigating issues and responding to customers and external organisations through correspondence.
- Providing a responsive service to customers consistently but sensitively, according to their individual needs, but in the light of policy and resource constraints.
Knowledge & Skills:
- A general knowledge of a social housing responsive repairs service and the role of elected members, members of parliament and the ombudsman.
- Knowledge of public sector complaints procedures.
- Able to recognise, sensitively respond, and provide solutions to customers’ and colleagues problems.
- Able to obtain and understand information and to communicate it concisely and simply to customers, colleagues, managers and members.
- The ability to work with limited supervision in planning and prioritising own work, responding to changing requirements and delivering agreed objectives.
- Strong communications skills.
- Basic keyboard skills and to use word to prepare detailed responses to enquiries.
- Ability to use and record basic information on spread sheets using Excel and to use property and repair ordering and data recording systems.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Resident Services Officer / Admin x2 – Housing Repairs
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.