- Pay Rate:
£18.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- SOUTHWARK, LONDON,
Temporary Resettlement Worker
Job Ref: 5208094
Enhanced DBS required for this role
The worker would be tasked with having a daily presence at the Ibis Hotel Blackfriars and assist the guests with any issues they may have. To liaise with the Home Office regarding move-on-accommodation for the residents and prepare referrals to receiving Local Authorities
- To provide briefings on the accommodation and health and safety issues for all new arrivals
- including the provision of an emergency contact point.
- To provide assistance with subsistence allowances for each service user.
- To provide support and advice around and referral to appropriate health services, DWP,
- bank accounts, education, access to employment, etc.
- To coordinate overseeing volunteers and linking with voluntary partners.
- To holistically identify service users’ social and welfare needs and assisting them in their resettlement.
- To facilitate arrangements for the provision of English language classes.
- To identify barriers preventing access to employment and to assist the service users in overcoming these.
- To provide an on-site presence at the hotels and functioning as a link between the residents and other services and partners.
- To identify potential special needs/community care needs and refer to Local Authority as needed.
- Where special needs/community care needs are identified only after arrival in the UK, to
- use the best endeavours to ensure that care is provided by the appropriate mainstream
- services as quickly as possible
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A good general knowledge of statutory and voluntary services and legislation
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups and proven ability to understand and advice on complex areas of legislation and policy
- Effective negotiating skills with a wide range of individuals and organisations
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Resettlement Worker
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.