- Pay Rate:
£15.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WOODFORD GREEN, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Rent Recovery Support Officer – Housing Services
Reference no: Redbridge RQ648341
To maximise rent recovery from customers in Temporary Accommodation and in Council Housing in accordance with rent recovery procedures.
To contact tenants in a timely, systematic way to vigorously pursue their rent arrears and respond to any enquiries from contacts within the specified time. To carry out transactional and administrative tasks required to achieve this.
To transfer customers to the 2nd Stage Rent Recovery team, Court Officers and the Complex Case Team in accordance with rent arrears policy.
To maintain accurate and up-to-date records of action taken to recover income and arrears and to monitor and record the impact of the actions taken.
To help customers manage their arrears as they move between temporary accommodation solutions.
To work in conjunction with all other appropriate agencies to ensure maximisation of income for both residents and the organisation.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 2 years' recent housing income recovery experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Working in the public or social housing sector
- Working with income and rent accounts to increase income recovery
- Use of financial information systems, spreadsheets, databases
- Knowledge and awareness of Local Government operating processes and decision-making processes and the ability to operate in that environment.
- Knowledge of the Housing act 1996 Parts VI and VII (as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002) and related secondary legislation.
- Knowledge of the rights and obligations of landlords and occupants in the public and private sector
- Knowledge of Housing Benefit and regulations
- Knowledge of the Welfare Reform Act
- Knowledge of recent housing issues and government initiatives
- Skills & Abilities:
- Able to provide clear advice to customers on income maximisation issues. Good interpersonal and communication skills to relate effectively to, and command the respect, trust and confidence of officers, council members, stakeholders and the whole community
- Ability to negotiate within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests
- Ability to work effectively with customers whose behaviour may be sometimes be challenging.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Rent Recovery Support Officer – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.