- Pay Rate:
£11.20 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary Refuse Loader x4- Waste Collection
Reference no: UBO 8239613659937The post holder will support the company’s waste collection teams in designated areas.
- Assist the Waste and Recycling management team and administrative staff in communicating information to ensure good customer service in the delivery of different types of waste materials, including providing residents with information where necessary
- Undertake training on the safe operation and use of a range of waste vehicles, particularly lifting and compaction equipment where necessary
- Load different types of waste materials presented in to the relevant vehicle, and where appropriate operate compaction or other equipment in accordance with manufactures’ instructions
- Sort specific materials in to the appropriate vehicle to ensure no unacceptable materials are allowed to contaminate loads;
- Collect and move bulky or special items as instructed via the Supervisor complying with all Health and Safety Safe Working Practices
- Assist the Supervisor with the supervision of temporary agency staff, to ensure that they are carrying out their duties professionally, safely and efficiently
- Help maintain and replace waste containers as directed by Supervisor including basic fixing of wheeled bins, replacing bins, boxes, lids or bags
- Clear up any spillage, however caused whilst out on the round
- Assist the cleansing driver in safe manoeuvring of the vehicle wherever necessary
- Assist with the external and internal cleaning of vehicles
- Comply with the rules of the road – especially the Highway Code
- Carry out snow clearance duties as directed by Supervisor when required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Manual Handling Certificate.
- Basic awareness of cleansing/waste management issues.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team in the provision of quality services.
- Customer orientated and able to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and provide an effective service.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Refuse Loader x4- Waste Collection
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.