- Pay Rate:
£12.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Referral & Advice Officer
Job Ref: RQ605550
Basic DBS required for this role
The Access and Referral Hub is the ‘Front Door’ of Children’s Services. When professionals or members of the public have a concern about a child they make a referral to the Hub. The Hub risk assess these referrals and make decisions about what should happen next. You will be required to manage emails and telephone enquiries from colleagues and customers taking accurate details, asking relevant questions and giving advice /information where applicable
- The role involves liaising with internal and external colleagues including Health visitors, schools, parents, police, other professionals, Early Help and other services within the Council and Children’s Service in order to ensure effective communication and clarification of information covering a range of issues relating to children and their well being.
- You will be responsible for discussing family circumstances with parents, children and sometimes wider family members. The team operates to tight deadlines and timescales so being efficient is essential to the role.
- The role will also involve completing reports in respect of SEND, which will involve discussions with family members and young people
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of the Supporting People Programme
- Knowledge and roles of key voluntary and statutory agencies and their roles in the promotion of social welfare and tenancy sustainment
- Knowledge of Floating Support services, aims and objectives
- Ability and willingness to travel within and outside the Borough
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Referral & Advice Officer / Admin - Children's Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.