- Pay Rate:
£10.41 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Recruitment Officer
Job Ref: RMS 68751/52
Postholders will support the delivery of a timely and efficient end to end recruitment service. This will include initial advice and guidance around resourcing options, through the recruitment cycle to the point that a conditional job offer is made
- Deliver a high-quality HR recruitment administrative support service to NCC services and partner agencies by operating recruitment systems and processes efficiently and to a high standard of customer service and quality. This will include the provision of advice and guidance to all involved in the process, applicants, recruiting managers and any other stakeholders to the vacancy / vacancies.
- Prepare standard correspondence, recruitment documentation, associated letters and candidate information packs in line with corporate standards and NCC Recruitment Policy.
- Support managers in the preparation of advertisements and ensure these are placed in the most appropriate media by the required deadlines, including the use of County Council websites, social media channels or other relevant media.
- Deliver an effective and timely recruitment process from advertisement to conditional offer, enabling positive experiences for candidates and hiring managers to reduce vacancy levels in the organisation.
- Participate in the review of NCC processes and systems to enable delivery of a whole recruitment system that remains relevant to the candidate assessment process and NCC’s brand, whilst being attractive to candidates.
- Lead on the delivery of specialist recruitment campaigns, including provision of regular updates to stakeholders on progress, raising potential issues and offering options in resolution.
- Contribute to the training of colleagues ensuring correct processes are followed and understood. This will include both coaching managers in the correct use of the recruitment systems (RMS / ATS), as well as supporting applicants as necessary in the submission of applications and managing their accounts on the system.
- Support the effective use of recruitment systems from a technical perspective, resolving first line user issues and ensuring the system can support the requirements as far as possible (e.g. adapt or develop new applications forms) or escalate as appropriate.
- Support Resourcing colleagues across the team in ensuring the work of the whole team is delivered on time and to standard in line with peaks in workload and business requirements.
- Support the provision of an effective and timely Disclosure and Barring Service enabling resolution of queries at the earliest opportunity coupled with the provision of advice and guidance where required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualification to NVQ 2 level in administration or studying for a foundation level qualification in HR
- Working knowledge and understanding of recruitment administrative processes and procedures, together with some understanding of their policy and legislative framework, obtained through experience
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees, including where those communications will be more difficult e.g. complaints or addressing areas of frustration with systems and processes
- Analytical approach to problem solving
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Recruitment Officer / Admin - HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.