- Pay Rate:
£11.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Temporary Receptionist x2
Job Ref: 5206175
The Receptionist and Service Support Officer is responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to the Supported Hostel Service. Their main responsibility is to provide reception desk services, ensuring excellent and quality customer care for all residents, visitors and callers; dealing appropriately with their query
- Ensure resident safety
- Engage our residents in discussions about our plans to get all aspects of the management of our homes right
- Only charge what we are entitled to and to collect all of that money
- Have deliverable and affordable plans to keep our buildings in good shape
- Provide an accessible and responsive range of services ensuring our buildings are safe, clean and well lit
- Invest in and change our systems and procedures, where this will support our vision and mission
- Ensure both residents and the Council keep their side of the tenancy and leasehold agreement, taking action where necessary to ensure obligations are met
- Work closely with our residents to increase recycling, improve building insulation and energy efficiency, and invest in green and efficient heating
- Ensure we provide high quality supported housing services appropriate to residents needs
- Manage our homes efficiently to maximise occupation and minimise unplanned spending on repairs and maintenance
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by homeless vulnerable and disadvantaged adults
- An understanding of the principles of a quality customer care service
- Experience of dealing with customers / members of the public on a professional manner
- Extensive administrative experience, including data input and retrieval
- Ability to communicate clearly and professional with clients and colleagues
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Receptionist x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.