- Pay Rate:
£16.67 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- STOKE ON TRENT,
Full Job Title: Temporary Quantity Surveyor – Asset Management
Reference no: Stoke 5208558
Hybrid Role working from home for the majority of time but will be required to attend local construction sites on a regular basis in addition to the office from time to time.
Suitable I.T. equipment will be provided for such use, and will comprise a laptop and mobile phone.
The Quantity Surveyor shall assist the Programme and Procurement Manager in ensuring financial probity of the Housing Revenue Account and in developing appropriate maintenance and investment forecast budgets.
The Quantity Surveyor will assist with the delivery of value for money in the maintenance and investment programmes. The post will contribute to the financial probity in the procurement of materials, sub-contractors and tendered work to ensure best value is achieved through the most appropriate supplier.
The post holder will also analyse material life cycle costs and life expectancy of individual materials to ensure the appropriate materials are being installed into the Council’s housing stock. The post holder will work with tenants and other groups to discuss and recommend any revised product specification and necessary revisions to the scope of service.
The post holder shall develop improvement specifications and shall work with project officers to develop appropriate specifications.
To monitor, challenge and correct any deviations where there are concerns regarding ‘value for money’, quality of work and conformity to specifications and the management and authorisation or refusal of variations to works orders.
To ensure the maintenance, improvement and investment in the Housing Stock is completed ensuring ‘value for money’ is attained in every case.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Passed the final RICS (Quantity Surveying) examination, or have an equivalent degree or diploma
- Thorough knowledge of quantity surveying practices
- Thorough knowledge of building maintenance and refurbishment
- Through knowledge of building material procurement and logistics
- Experience of quantity surveying and of delivering agreed outcomes
- Experience of management of budgets, including procurement and monitoring
- Experience of using computerised management systems
- Experience of developing excellent working relationships with external agencies and stakeholders
- Proven experience of applying novel solutions in order to resolve complex problems
- Skills & Abilities:
- Be able to generate confidence, respect and trust of key stakeholders including Ward Members and City Council tenants
- Ability to organise workload to meet demanding targets
- An effective communicator who can inform and involve internal and external partners, stakeholders and tenants
- A proven track record demonstrating successful negotiation; persuasion and problem solving skills
- The ability to operate within politically sensitive environments
- Adaptability to travel and visit a range of different assets to communicate to a range of stakeholders
- Ability to make robust decisions in demanding situations
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Quantity Surveyor – Asset Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.