- Pay Rate:
£12.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
30 Monday – Friday, 07:00-17:30
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Hackney, London,
Temporary PVC Driver PT – SEND (must be over 21 years old)
Job Ref: Hackney RQ537098
Enhanced DBS required for this role / Full clean driving licence
Hi Vis supplied (safety shoes will need to be provided by candidate)
Start date 24 August. Permanent positions opening in the very near future. The post holder will receive CPC training and ongoing training in post.
To provide a safe, efficient, effective and timely transport service working flexibly to meet the needs of the clients. You will be responsible for the allocated vehicle and safe passage of clients, goods and equipment.
- Adhere to safe working practices and operating requirements, including operation of equipment, handling techniques and passage of clients some of whom have physical and or learning disabilities.
- Carry out appropriate vehicle checks; reporting faults to the manager, and be responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of the vehicle.
- Carry out guide/escort duties as necessary when escort not available.
- Use aids as appropriate to personally assist clients with physical and/or learning disabilities and to load and unload goods and equipment.
- Follow scheduled pickup and delivery points and notify office control of problems relating to delays or issues that occur on the journey if they arise.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of goods and equipment in/on the vehicle and ensure the loads are secured and protected by the appropriate means for the safe transit when directed.
- Work unsupervised and on own initiative to overcome any issues which may arise while in charge of a vehicle and passengers.
- Liaise with parents, teachers and carers as required.
- Report all accidents and incidents and to complete and verify all relevant documentation relating to these.
- Administer first aid.
- Operate radio/mobile phone equipment on the vehicle as necessary in the process of carrying out the duties of the post.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must possess a clean category PCV/D licence (more than eight passenger seats and longer than 5.5 metres).
- Holder of Driver Certificate of Competence and Digital Tachograph Driver Card
- Experience of driving large passenger carrying vehicles.
- Experience of working with passengers with special needs and/or disabilities.
- Experience of operating and safe use of passenger/wheelchair tail lifts.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Fully aware of road traffic and transport legislation relating to the responsibility of the driver.
- Knowledge of basic first aid or willingness to undertake training.
- Knowledge of the use of both analogue and digital tachographs.
- Practical experience of actively promoting equal opportunities as an integral part of the work with children, parents/carers and colleagues.
- Aware of the special educational needs of children including physical, learning and behavioural difficulties.
- Ability to assist passengers on and off vehicles.
- Ability to carry out the duties of a vehicle escort, ie assisting passengers on and off of vehicles and looking after them while on the vehicle.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to liaise and communicate with colleagues, passengers, parents/carers and school staff.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full clean Driving licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary PVC Driver PT – SEND (re-opened)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.