- Pay Rate:
£140.15 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
27 – days/working hours tbc
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary PT SEND Lead Worker – EHC Plans
Reference no: Wiltshire RQ631525
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Hybrid working; meaning you are not required to be in Wiltshire 5 days a week. There are flexible working options across Wiltshire including working in hubs, and working from home (unless visits/work requirements are essential).
The main task will be to draft legally compliant proposed Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans as part of the statutory assessment process, therefore experience of this area of work is essential. The SEND Service has a backlog of EHC Needs Assessments in process that need to be cleared, as well as a high volume of statutory assessments that need to meet statutory deadlines.
To act as the key point of contact for the young person and family, and to coordinate any activities that are required to assess needs, meet any outcomes specified, and ensure the provision of holistic care and support.
There will be a requirement to coordinate the Education, Health and Care Needs assessment process, working with the child, young person, and their families to identify outcomes and how these can be met.
The SEND lead worker will be the person who liaises with other professionals to ensure that the child/young person and their family have an organised and coordinated approach in order to meet their outcomes.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good standard of education to GCSE Level or above (or equivalent)
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Awareness of principles of data protection and confidentiality
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of special education needs additional support in schools and colleges, legislation and financial framework
- Experience of working with a broad range of people including families, education, social care and health care professionals
- Experience of working with children/ young people with special educational needs and disability
- Highly developed knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice and other related/relevant Children focused legislation
- Significant experience of working within an SEN setting or similar role/environment or a Local Authority
- Understanding of how to implement statutory duties in a multi-disciplinary context and the SEN Code of Practice.
- Skills & Abilities:
- An ability to communicate orally and in writing with colleagues in school, parents, pupils and members of the public, often on matters of real sensitivity. In order to ensure co-productive approach.
- The ability to analyse, evaluate and interpret quantitative and qualitative complex data and present findings clearly and succinctly
- The ability to interpret professional advice, including health and social care
- The ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team
- ICT Skills: Excellent information technology skills, including, excel, word and specific IT software such as Capita One.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary PT SEND Lead Worker – EHC Plans
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.