- Pay Rate:
£18.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
30 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
To provide advice to customers on planning matters, including advising on the need for planning permission and other development related consents, and processing planning applications for minor developments under the guidance of a Business Manager and Senior Planning Officers in accordance with national and local policy and within statutory timescales.
The post holder will work to deadlines in assessing and determining householder and other minor planning applications and submissions in order to provide a “fast-track” service, determining 100% of applications within the statutory 8 week period.
They will handle a caseload of planning applications and deal with a wide range of enquiries on planning matters which will necessitate a high level of organizational skills in balancing a range of priorities under the guidance of a Business Manager and/or Senior Planning Officer.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Relevant degree or experience in a planning/development environment
- Knowledge of planning legislation and national planning guidance and related codes of control.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting plans
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
- Other Work-Related Requirements: Full driving licence and access to a car for work purposes
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Relevant post graduate qualification
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Experience of dealing with planning within historic towns and buildings with architectural details
- Ability to successfully negotiate to deliver good development
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary PT Planning Assistant – Development Control
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.