- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
30 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11-12 months
Temporary PT Kitchen/ Catering Manager
Job Ref: Cardiff RQ678753
Pay Rate: £11.70 per hour PAYE
Responsible for managing all aspects of the business and service activities in the catering facility
- To oversee food production including, menu planning, food preparation, portion control, presentation and service, and vending services.
- Day to day organisation and supervision of the food service and promotion of the service to customers.
- To ensure policies, protocols and procedures determined by Cardiff Catering, Cardiff Council and legislation are adhered to.
- To ensure the control and monitoring of financial systems and procedures, and personal monitoring of the handling of cash.
- Supervision of other employees, including allocation of duties, work rotas and training.
- Supervision and control of hygiene and health and safety.
- To ensure the security of the catering facilities, stock and equipment.
- Ensuring equipment is maintained and serviced.
- Achieve budgeted financial targets and work with the relevant Area Manager to develop and implement strategies for driving sales and improving take up
- To ensure the organisation of vending operations as appropriate
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Experience across a range of cooking skills
- Practical experience of managing a large scale catering operation and large scale food production
- Sound administrative skills including organising, scheduling, planning
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to work off own initiative
- Ability to work and contribute to the team
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary PT Kitchen/ Catering Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.