- Pay Rate:
£14.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary PT CCTV Operative – Public Safety
Reference no: Hillingdon RQ639184
CCTV operative working 6 hour shifts averaging out at 21 hours per week over a two week period. (2 weeks = 42 hrs) Must have a valid SIA OPEN SPACE CCTV LICENCE for public surveillance.
The Job Profile includes monitoring over 2000 cameras in a restricted room. Applicants must be conversant with CCTV legislation and ideally have local knowledge of Hillingdon. Must be able to monitor and download material from the system and provide detailed reports for Court use. PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A CCTV ROOM IS MANDATORY.
To monitor images from the various Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems to deter, detect, report and reduce crime and anti-social activity, in order to create a safer and more secure environment for the benefit of the whole community. Duties include:
- During the hours of business (currently evenings and nights only) to monitor over 2000 cameras pro-actively in order to deter and detect crime and anti-social incidents at the earliest possible opportunity.
- During the hours of business to ensure events are recorded in such a manner that they are evidentially acceptable should court proceedings ensue.
- As required, to inform the Police where appropriate, to ensure action is taken to prevent or control such incidents.
- To maintain the highest standards of operational effectiveness at all times in accordance with Assignment Instructions, Operating Procedures, Codes of Practice and guidelines.
- To maintain absolute confidentiality at all times with regard to any information concerning staffing, location of control room, events witnessed or recorded.
- During the hours of business to take appropriate follow up action to ensure that incidents have been concluded satisfactorily, e.g. by co-operating with Emergency Services whilst the incident is being investigated or concluded.
- To work on a shift basis to ensure coverage of the CCTV system between the hours as directed by management.
- To maintain complete, concise, detailed and accurate written accounts of all incidents in the Incident Log.
- To efficiently carry out administrative functions including establishing the identity of all telephone or radio messages made or received and the referencing, storage, filing and maintenance of tapes and still prints.
- To maintain a register of all recorded media and still prints released to the Police and all Police requests for the viewing of incidents.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent previous experience of security or CCTV work and those with a recognised relevant qualification
- Previous experience of undertaking a wide range of administrative functions
- Ability to attend Court to give evidence as required
- Ability to record events to a standard useable in a Court of Law.
- Ability to deal calmly, efficiently and sympathetically with all emergency situations.
- Knowledge of the local area to improve incident response times and quality of interaction with emergency services in dealing with real time situations
- Knowledge and ability to efficiently use a wide range of computer programmes
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary PT CCTV Operative – Public Safety
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.