- Pay Rate:
£21.52 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8 months
- Catford, London,
Temporary Property Negotiator – Housing / Accommodation Procurement
Job Ref: Lewisham 0006 5D9D / 1
Basic DBS required
Hybrid role /candidates must be able to undertake visits, inspections and meetings both in and outside the Borough
To be responsible for negotiating and procurement of good quality accommodation of suitable type, size and location across the private sector both Temporary and Private Rented Sector Accommodation, including Private Sector Leasing (PSL); Private Managed Accommodation (PMA); Council Letting Scheme (LLS); Nightly Paid (NP) for homeless households and prevention on behalf of Housing Needs and other Council departments to meet individual and business targets, raising early alerts on any procurement risks.
- Ensure effective implementation and administration of all new supply initiatives and contract administration ensuring effective planning, resourcing and delivery across the service.
- Ensure effective monitoring of all service provider contracts to deliver the objectives required from various service delivery contracts and proactively anticipate future needs as well as reacting to situations that arise.
- Deliver a first class, one stop customer focused service relating to the procurement of good quality accommodation from landlords, developers and letting agents demonstrating good practice, delivering an economic, efficient, and effective service whilst meeting local and corporate objectives and targets.
- Actively contribute towards meeting annual budget targets and other local and corporate financial targets by procuring high quality accommodation that represents value for money.
- Successfully promote and market key private rented sector schemes to landlords, letting agents, developers and other external partners, with ongoing high quality relationship management of all key stakeholders.
- Provide a focus on quality, data integrity, governance, value for money, probity, compliance and good practice in relation to contract management and payments.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience working locally and of local agencies and key landlords.
- Experience of providing an excellent level of customer care and customer service in a comparable customer service environment.
- Experience of working effectively with private sector landlords and/or within a homelessness context.
- Experience of successfully developing initiatives and schemes to provide housing opportunities for people in housing need.
- Experience of Contract management in terms of performance and KPIs.
- Experience of managing own caseload.
- Experience of achieving performance targets and meeting departmental objectives.
- Excellent current knowledge of private rented sector housing market and contracts, particularly the issues affecting private rented sector customers and landlords.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the government’s welfare reform and its implications on the private rented sector. S
- Knowledge of the main principles of running a successful commercial operation and delivering a first-class customer focussed service.
- Knowledge of private sector housing law, health and safety rating system and other health and safety regulations (gas , electrics and energy efficiency) and legislation relating to the letting of private sector tenancies.
- Knowledge of the services provided by the Council for households who are in housing need.
- General knowledge of good property standards and common building problems.
- An awareness of the financial implications of decisions and an understanding of the importance of prioritising value for money.
- Excellent negotiating, influencing and liaison skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships with a wide range of people and organisations.
- Ability to be proactive and response and go the “extra mile”.
- Ability to identify business risks at an early stage within the procurement process, alerting appropriate managers and developing possible solutions.
- Ability to work with private sector partners and respond to the needs of that market as well as understanding how that fits with the requirement to meet housing need.
- Commitment to the promotion of a homeless prevention approach.
- Flexible, problem-solving approach to service delivery with a positive attitude to change and ability to identify opportunities and develop innovative housing solutions.
- Ability to maintain databases and work effectively with IT systems.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Property Negotiator – Housing / Accommodation Procurement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.