- Pay Rate:
Up to £19.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Project Manager - Welfare
Reference no: Portsmouth 5212243
A Basic DBS is required for this role.
A Project Manager is required for the overall implementation of welfare initiatives including policy preparation and financial forecasting which will provide financial assistance and advice to service users and residents.
You will be a key player in the delivery of the programme of welfare initiatives. This will include the provision of information for the formulation and implementation of policy and procedures and the specification and development of relevant IT requirements and processes.
The role requires working in partnership with other council services and partners to develop and deliver targeted programmes of welfare support, such as the Household Support Fund and Energy Support grants.
You will be experienced in the creation and co-ordination of similar projects/initiatives and be passionate about supporting people.
As a Project Manager, you will have the ability to relate to a generic, vulnerable client base, from a wide variety of backgrounds.
One of the great things about this role is that you have a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives.
You will initially be working in a busy office environment, however there is flexibility and home working could be available.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to Degree level or have exceptional work experience
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- A proven track record in project delivery
- Knowledge and experience of project management including finance & administration
- Experience of working with the public, the community and businesses
- Understanding of economic development issues
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft packages Word, Access and Excel
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Experience in managing a Team
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Confidence and ability to work independently
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the ability to be a Team Player
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and experience in policy creation
- Excellent literacy & numeracy skills
- Ability to relate to people at all levels
- Appreciation, acceptance and commitment to the importance of confidentiality and equal opportunities
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the service
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Project Manager - Welfare
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.