- Pay Rate:
£17.82 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 3 months until further notice
Temporary Project Manager - Safer Streets
Reference no: Nottingham 1004461113656545
A Project manager is needed to manage the Home Office funded Safer Streets 4 main project in Nottingham by coordinating and ensuring completion of interventions on time, within budget and within scope.
As directed by the Senior Responsible Officer, to oversee all aspects of the various intervention projects, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring performance, progress chasing lead officers, problem solving, summarising progress of projects by preparing reports for the Project Board and escalating unresolved problems.
- Create, update, and manage the performance monitoring framework to ensure that the deliverables, milestones and performance information contained in the Project Performance Framework is updated at the end of each month and produce a monthly report(s) on progress sufficient to enable the SRO to report progress to the Home Office.
- Provide support to the Project SRO and/or Partners to ensure the project milestones and deliverables are implemented and performance targets achieved successfully on time and within budget.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders and lead officers.
- Make regular/repeated contact with various lead officers, appointed contractors or service providers delivering specific elements of the project to obtain updates on progress and output/performance data.
- Progress chase monitoring information which has not been appropriately provided and identify the cause and where possible work with lead officers to overcome problems and barriers to effective implementation.
- Create a project Risk Register and perform risk management for each project intervention to minimise or avoid potential high risks.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress using spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps as necessary.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Demonstrable experience in the use of Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel and Word).
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of providing project management, budget management (Revenue and Capital) and progress chasing key people to collate project data.
- Demonstrable experience in creating, updating, and managing performance monitoring frameworks using Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrable experience in the clear and concise visual and verbal presentation of key information in relation to project monitoring information.
- Excellent partnership working and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think logically, creatively, and laterally, solving problems and avoiding assumptions
- Ability to produce coherent monthly performance monitoring reports ensuring that aggregated data is calculated accurately.
- Demonstrable a good level of competence in planning, project management, organising and balancing competing workloads and have good time management.
- Ability to advise, influence, negotiate maintain good relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues and numerous projects leads or service providers to obtain data and update information and influence their decision making with insight.
- Able to create and manage a Project Monitoring Framework in a structured Excel table.
- Ability to scope, plan, and complete tasks individually or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Able to analyse project performance data to provide insight on trends and risks.
- Able to manage a Project Budget and identify any errors relating to revenue or capital expenditure.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Project Manager - Safer Streets
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.