- Pay Rate:
£18.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Project HR Partner – Refugee Response Service
Reference no: Wokingham RQ609942
This is an immediate requirement for a Project HR Partner on a fixed term basis for 6 months to enable the Council to deliver an effective Refugee Response Service.
This urgent opening will take a lead in supporting the business to set up and deliver a key service function in response to supporting refugees locating to the Borough. This role will be pivotal in the co-ordination, tracking, administration and HR activities across the whole project, using strong HR generalist knowledge to provide end to end gold support for this important service
Reporting into the Place & Growth HR Business Partner, the appointed person will play a key role in partnering management to establish the Refugee Response team, with a large focus on recruitment and onboarding, we require a skilled HR practitioner to also support in engagement, employee relation matters through to ending of employment at the close of the project.
A candidate is required who:
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Has excellent co-ordination and project management skills
- is a true HR generalist happy to be involved at both planning and operational levels, providing a comprehensive and complete HR service from advice to administration.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPD qualified, either fully or partially - desirable
- Technical skills:
- Employee Relations
- Policy writing
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing, including report writing, including reflecting complex issues
- Job Description and advert writing
- Recruitment management & interview writing
- TUPE - desirable
- Coaching - desirable
- Project Management - desirable
- Organisational Design - desirable
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Working in a complex HR environment
- Extensive generalist HR lifecycle experience, including managing recruitment, onboarding, training co-ordination, lifecycle processing
- Understanding of UK Employment Law & legislation
- Working autonomously in complex situations; whilst functioning as part of the broader Business Partner/HR team
- Proven record of accomplishment of working successfully with a variety of stakeholders gaining trust and credibility
- Change-focused, with experience of managing and influencing continuous improvement - desirable
- Experience in upskilling managers in the areas of recruitment and performance management - desirable
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Project HR Partner – Refugee Response Service
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.