- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Project Administrator - Education & Skills
Reference no: W Sussex RQ646379
Hybrid working – 2 days a week in the office and the rest working from home
Standard DBS required for this role
This post will provide essential support in the planning and delivery of our funded programmes. The role will include liaising with providers and stakeholders to share information regarding our programmes, collating information and data returns with accuracy and precision. They will help to maintain effective relationships with a range of partners, both internal and external, to ensure the smooth running of our services.
- Communicate in an appropriate manner with a wide range of people through face-to-face contact, electronic media and over the telephone, including taking clear and accurate message and dealing with customer comments and complaints.
- Contribute to the operation of our funded programmes and dealing with complex queries, liaising with WSCC colleagues and ensuring accurate and timely recording of information.
- Input straightforward information into computerised systems with accuracy to meet the needs of the service, for example maintaining databases.
- Produce and prepare reports, spreadsheet information, packs relating to specific events or projects.
- Process invoices, maintain accurate records for budgeting purposes, provide basic reporting and present data for analysis.
- Searching information using specialist database/electronic resources.
- Interpret a range of problems and apply judgement skills in order to make decisions e.g. undertaking research in response to customer enquiries.
- Have an understanding of our safeguarding policies and processes and an active commitment to promoting safe practice and proactively raising any issues of concern at an appropriate level of management in order to protect children.
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice.
- Support equality and diversity and respect customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 4 GCSEs with A-C (9-4) passes including Maths and English, or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of numeracy and literacy.
- IT qualification or equivalent experience demonstrating good working knowledge of IT systems / procedures.
- Level 3 Information, Advice and Guidance qualification – Desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of dealing with the public and providing excellent customer service, including providing specialist information, advice and guidance.
- Experience of team working.
- Experience in the delivery of child or family support services in the statutory or non-statutory sector - Desirable
Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication, customer service and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with stake holders and act as a point of information / advice / guidance where appropriate.
- Ability to work as part of a team completing shared tasks in order to deliver a service to others.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to confidently work with internal and external partners e.g. dealing with complex queries.
- Ability to meet set deadlines and to understand when problems need to be referred upwards, for example in responding to complaints promptly for a quick accurate solution.
- Analytical and judgement skills in order to effectively assist with customer queries.
- Proficient IT skills, using Microsoft Office Suite, in order to be able to use the Service computerised databases, photocopiers, scanners and the internet.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Valid and full driving licence and access to a vehicle / ability to travel around the county independently.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Project Administrator - Education & Skills
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.