- Pay Rate:
£13.58 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Programme & Project Support Officer – Bus Service Improvement Plan
Reference no: Derbyshire 5208084
The pay rate reflects the Council's current salary rate. However this is negotiable based on market rates.
The role will be mainly working from home, but there may be a requirement to attend meetings at the office on occasion.
To contribute to the successful delivery of the Bus Service Improvement Plan programme by supporting the BSIP Board, Wider Stakeholder Group and Workstream leads to develop and deliver the Enhanced partnership projects.
To coordinate and develop project/work plans, taking responsibility for key activities within the programme. In liaison with the Programme Manger/Project Managers to monitor and report upon the delivery of projects within the programme.
- Provide support to the BSIP Board to contribute to the successful delivery of the BSIP programme by working with Project Managers and workstream leads to achieve the aims and objectives of the agreed schemes within BSIP
- Provide support to specific projects and activities, including coordination and development of project plans, taking responsibility for activities, and monitoring and reporting on delivery within timescales.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems and procedures to support the successful delivery of specific projects and the overall programme, including the source, collection, and analysis of good quality data for the preparation of reports.
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders in the BSIP Programme.
- Assist in the establishment and consultation with stakeholders and working groups within the programmes, managing the co-ordination and dissemination of information.
- Prepare regular monitoring and highlight reports for the BSIP Board and Wider Stakeholder Group
- Maintain and update the risk register on behalf of the programme.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant project / programme management or process improvement qualification or considerable relevant experience of this in a large complex organisation
- Experience of project support/management in a large, complex organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to developing project plans and delivery.
- Preparation of monitoring reports for various audiences
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of project management principles
- Ability to research, analyse and present information based on good quality data, in a variety of formats
- Excellent problem-solving and organisational skills
- Understanding of the overall council vision and strategies and how project management contributes to organisational performance and delivery
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and influence based on knowledge of the project and programmes.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
*** Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Relevant professional or project / programme management qualification
- Experience of scoping projects and developing plans across multiple workstreams
- Experience of supporting consultation processes
- Knowledge of project management skills, methodologies, and techniques for data collection, managing datasets and ensuring data quality
- Knowledge of the National Bus Strategy
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Programme & Project Support Officer – BSIP
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.