- Pay Rate:
£11.02 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Procurement Support Officer
Job Ref: RQ613581
To provide the pivotal support tasks which will assist in the effective delivery of the Strategic Procurement Service
- Gather tender and all other information necessary to assist the Procurement Managers, Procurement Support Manager and Strategic Procurement Officer/s.
- To manage and maintain information on tender invitations and awarded contracts within appropriate filing systems.
- Assist in the preparation of contracts and monitoring of contractor performance.
- Provide advice to Council officers on specifying and procuring quality works and services in accordance with the Council’s Contract Standing Orders
- Assist colleagues and Council officers in the production of tendering documents and statutory notices
- To comply with all Audit requirements and ensure that all procurement activity is properly documented in a clear, auditable and transparent manner.
- Maintain computer databases, procurement systems and spreadsheets and to provide reports when required.
- Answer telephone queries, complaints and correspondence from the public, employers, staff, other sections and organisations in line with oneSource policy and procedures.
- Manage the incoming emails on the shared mailboxes ensuring professional and timely responses.
- Diary management, arranging of meetings and training courses, agendas, venues/rooms
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good general education to GCSE level or equivalent including English Language (A-C)
- Previous experience in similar role
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Self motivated, flexible & resourceful
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Procurement Admin Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.