- Pay Rate:
£17.36 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Procurement Specialist x2
Job Ref: Northumberland 5784512767439
Pay Rate: £17.36 per hour PAYE
Working from home
The primary objective of this role will be to work simultaneously across multiple stakeholder organisations (NHS and LA) providing specialist procurement and commercial advice and guidance, and to undertake procurement activity to deliver the cost reduction programmes within each of the stakeholders organisations
- To support the development of productive and influenceable relationships with clients in allocated spend areas within the stakeholder organisations, ensuring all business needs and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Undertake focused spend analysis within allocated spend areas to identify procurement and commercial opportunities across stakeholder organisations to ensure consistent contribution to the Procurement and Commercial work programme
- Undertake procurement projects, including planning and developing procurement/commercial options as required by the stakeholder organisations and ensure timescales and outcomes are delivered.
- Manage a multiple number of these procurement projects at the same time, each lasting several months and involving the interpretation of complex and varied sources of quantitative and qualitative information. Each project is expected to carry a high level of financial and/or service risk to the stakeholder organisation, and will require active management to meet tight deadlines.
- Undertake a range of key supplier/provider reviews, appropriate to allocated spend portfolio with stakeholder contract managers
- Support spend review groups within allocated spend areas (across stakeholder organisations where possible) to support the identification of procurement and commercial opportunities for cost reduction or income generation. Post holder will then be accountable for achieving effective savings on the procurement projects which they lead on.
- Support the Commissioner in the collection of market intelligence and benchmarking as appropriate.
- To support the Senior Procurement Specialist in negotiations on a range of differing types and value of contracts in sometimes challenging, conflicting and sensitive environments, including pricing structures, performance mechanisms, commercial transfer issues, conditions of sale and warranties.
- To represent the Shared Procurement Service and clearly, concisely and confidently present issues and recommendations to project groups
- Requirement to work in an integrated management style across multiple organisations with often different customs and practices, and will be required to foster close and effective working relationships with other senior managers across these organisations
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant professional qualification (CIPS)
- Detailed specialist working knowledge and understanding of relevant public sector procurement legislations, regulations and professional best practice
- Minimum 5 years experience in procurement, with a minimum of 3 years at a specialist procurement position
- Experience of managing multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity to a successful outcome
- Experience of working in challenging complex environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to the audience
- Ability to prioritise and regularly meet challenging and often conflicting deadlines
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Procurement Specialist x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.