- Pay Rate:
£ 15.04 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
Temporary Procurement Officer-Finance
Reference no: West Lancashire RQ592182
Standard DBS required
The post-holder will support the effective and compliant management and monitoring of the Council’s key contracts, supporting the Procurement Manager in undertaking, reviewing and adapting the procurement process.
- Provide effective arrangements to monitor and analyse key supplier performance, maintaining accurate records, systems and dealing with enquiries.
- Provide an advisory and support service to Service Managers across the Council in undertaking procurement activities as directed by the Procurement Manager.
- Maintain positive supplier relations, evaluate supply options, approve purchases, and maintain accurate records.
- Identify areas where there is an opportunity to deliver savings or where there is non-compliance with Contract Procedure Rules and take action to rectify after assessing options.
- Monitor contract usage, identify off contract spend and carry out actions to help ensure that orders placed are from compliant best value for money sources.
- Provide technical procurement and general support to the Commissioning, Procurement and Contract Management Unit.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Degree in related discipline (IT/ Supply Chain Management or similar) or similar experience.
- Studying for a commissioning / procurement and contract management qualification (desirable).
- Practical experience of working in a commissioning / procurement and contract management environment.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Experience of managing contracts.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Accurate attention to detail
- Goal-oriented, organised team player
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Works effectively with the minimum of supervision and under pressure.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of clients, staff,
- Adaptable to changing workloads
- Flexible approach to work
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Procurement Officer-Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.