- Pay Rate:
£16.75 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- CAMDEN, LONDON,
Temporary Procurement Officer
Job Ref: RQ609137
The post holder will use the Council’s agreed procurement mechanisms to commission work as required by the operational teams in the Property Management division. This will involve working with the Commercial Project Manager, consulting with the staff wishing to procure and other stakeholders, as well as the Corporate Procurement team
- Receive and log procurement request from operational teams.
- Work with the Commercial Project Manager, the operational teams, and Corporate Procurement to agree the appropriate procurement mechanism to be used.
- Work with operational teams to ensure the appropriate documentation is available to enable work commissions to be placed on the procurement portal relevant for the chosen procurement method.
- Monitor activity on the portal against the commission, getting information from operational teams, and other relevant Council staff, where clarifications from potential contractors are requested.
- Ensure appropriate actions are taken when the procurement exercise comes to a close, ensuring appropriate documentation is prepared and sent to successful and unsuccessful contractors and ensuring appropriate logs are updated.
- Act as the co-ordination point between Procurement Hub, Legal Services, Human Resources, Repairs and Improvements and other colleagues to ensure all appropriate workflows for a procurement exercise are logged and monitored and are in compliance with the Council’s governance frameworks.
- Provide governance support for on-going contracts, e.g. facilitation of project core group meetings.
- Maintain the suite of contract administration tools available for the Property Management Division and their operation through SharePoint.
- Act as facilitator where operational staff are unsure of the appropriate documentation required and need assistance to gather the data required for their particular procurement activity
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Appropriate Level 3 Qualification (i.e. A Levels, HNCB/NVQ 3)
- Knowledge of and experience of using procurement methods and contract administration
- Broad understanding of Procurement
- An awareness of public sector procurement regulations
- Be able to work with a wide range of staff at all levels to understand and facilitate the procurement exercise they wish to undertake
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Procurement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.