- Pay Rate: £18.83 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 10 months
- Middlesbrough, TS1 1SG
A highly experienced and competent Procurement Officer is required to support the procurement team and lead a tender process for the substance misuse and domestic violence services.
- To lead and drive process and contract efficiencies for the allocated portfolio of service area and contracts
- To offer advice and guidance to all staff including operational staff in respect of any commissioning activities and market change or development
- To explore opportunities for collaboration across public sector, 3rd sector and private organisations
- To maintain contact with the market place to ensure awareness of latest trends and sector initiatives. This will include the maintenance of Market Position Statements to support market shaping
- To undertake regular benchmarking and give consideration to alternative service modelling activities
- To manage staff under their responsibility
- To adhere to and follow the commissioning cycle and procurement rules
- To lead re-commissioning / procurement of large projects and / or models such as the recommissioning of focussed support, alternative education, domestic violence / homeless and substance misuse
- To ensure legislative compliance and associated frameworks
- To ensure appropriate contract management and progress the development of the intend contract management system.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- High level procurement experience.
- OJEU experience essential.
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation and statutory duties and responsibilities of local authorities.
- Successful experience of joint collaborative working with professionals from a range of agencies, including securing strategic priorities.
- Experience of effective strategic planning, commissioning, contracting and performance monitoring of services and goods supplied by local authorities.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Procurement Leader – Adult Social Care (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.