- Pay Rate:
£15.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- NEWTON ABBOT,
Temporary Private Sector Housing Officer
Job Ref: Teignbridge 5211093
To enforce, maintain and improve standards within the private rented sector on behalf of the Authority
- Interpreting and enforcing housing legislation primarily in the private rented sector through both reactive and proactive work.
- Carrying out Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) assessments and determining the most appropriate course of action. Preparing and serving notices as necessary, preparing evidence for and attending the Residential Property Tribunal, court and public enquiries.
- Risk assessment and inspection of houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) with partner agencies where appropriate, to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation. Licensing of HMOs in accordance with the current licensing scheme.
- Provide advice to tenants, private and social landlords, letting agents and other professional, statutory and voluntary agencies on housing conditions and the legislation relating to housing standards, through individual contact and forums/events.
- Work in connection with the Housing Options team to ensure safe and secure accommodation for homeless and vulnerable clients, providing a joined-up housing service for residents of Teignbridge.
- Preparing and presenting reports to the relevant Committee.
- Processing grants and loans that facilitate adaptations or improvements to houses within the private sector - including drawing up technical specifications, schedules of work and assessing costs submitted.
- Providing information to the Private Sector Housing manager and the Head of Communities & Service Improvement in relation to housing as required.
- Representing the Authority in matters relating to housing at meetings, seminars and conferences, including making presentations on housing matters.
- Inputting information on the Council’s IT systems to ensure records are maintained for performance reporting, whilst complying with GDPR
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 3 Certificate in Housing
- Building construction Specialist knowledge in housing legislation including houses in multiple occupation
- Computer skills
- An ability to listen, understand, assess and resolve problems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Private Sector Housing Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.