- Pay Rate:
£18.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Principal Accountant – Finance
Reference no: Flintshire RQ646007
To actively support the Strategic Finance Manager and be the key operational/technical lead in one of the following functional areas:
- Management Accounting
- Financial Strategy & Insurance
- Commercial Services and Housing
- Schools Accounting and Finance
- Capital, Technical and Financial Systems
To ensure financial control of the Council’s revenue and capital budgets and to highlight, review and report significant financial and operational issues and risks within Portfolios.
To promote professional financial standards and behaviours and to drive change and improvements.
To ensure the Council’s Revenue and Capital Grants are managed in line with strict conditions and criteria.
The post holder will be responsible for providing an effective and independent financial management and technical support service. Its core focus is to act as the lead finance professional working with portfolio holders and providing financial information, advice and support to a diverse range of internal and external customers.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Chartered Accountant (CCAB), recognised by the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- Able to demonstrate financial management experience within a large complex organisation and knowledge of local government practices and procedures.
- Proven experience of managing, delivering and monitoring the provision of finance services in accordance with agreed plans, priorities and budgets within a formal framework of cost and quality standards.
- Proven ability to undertake the management and leadership of teams including a multi-disciplinary project team and promote a high level of professional conduct.
- Proven experience of communicating effectively with professional and technical finance staff and operational managers.
- Able to apply creative and innovative thinking to complex services challenges.
- ICT Skills: High degree of IT knowledge and experience in the use of financial management systems including the use of financial reporting tools and Excel spreadsheet functions in order to analyse and present data in a meaningful way for management purposes.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Principal Accountant – Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.