- Pay Rate:
£18.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Planning Officer
Job Ref: 0006 1F5B / 1
To assist in the administration of the Council's duties set out in the various planning and amenity acts, in developing and carrying out its corporate policies and in the guidance and management of development and enforcement of regulations to provide a better environment, with particular reference to the consideration of planning and other related subjects
- Process applications (enforcement cases) under the Town and Country Planning and associated acts administered by the Planning Services Division as allocated by the Development Manager and or Principal Planning Officer and or administer the Planning Appeals Process and or Planning Enforcement action.
- Attend meetings on site and in the office both during and outside normal office hours in relation to the carrying out of the work required.
- Prepare a report on each application/action, incorporating the views of the organisations and persons consulted and recommendation, and discuss this report with the Principal Planner. Make recommendations with regard to conditions and reasons for refusal.
- Prepare as required written statements, representations, etc, for planning appeals and attend site visits.
- Answer general Development Management queries by letter, telephone and email.
- Explain reasons for decisions to applicants and other interested persons, organisations, etc.
- Take responsibility for keeping abreast of changes in relevant legislation, policy and procedure relating to this area of planning work.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A planning degree/diploma or equivalent
- Computer literacy including previous experience of Windows-based word processing packages
- Demonstrable experience of major development proposals at application and appeal stages
- Able to hit the ground running
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Planning Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.