- Pay Rate:
up to £18.50 per hour PAYE, depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BRIXTON, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Planner – Development Control
Reference no: Lambeth RQ643032
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
To assist the strategic planning and regeneration process by: assisting with the formulation, monitoring and review of the Council’s planning policies, associated research and carrying out any necessary consultation work; providing advice and support on development control and regeneration matters, including community planning; inputting into development projects; and the preparation of development briefs.
- To deal with a range of planning applications including shop front, householder, crossover, advert and lawful development applications, beginning with adverts, simple householder extensions and Lawful Development Certificates for proposed development.
- To deal with a range of development control issues, undertaking negotiations with applicants/prospective developers and representatives of other Council departments, as required.
- To write reports for committees and other reports and papers, as required.
- To draft statements of evidence for written representation planning appeals.
- To undertake appropriate public participation exercises on planning applications and development projects and to analyse the results thereof.
- To provide advice to applicants and the public on planning applications and development proposals under the supervision of a more senior officer.
- To provide advice, as required, on all aspects of the planning process on the telephone and to visiting customers in the Town Planning Advice Centre.
- To attend public meetings and site visits and represent the Council appropriately.
- To maintain a current knowledge of relevant law, policies, working practices and procedures.
- To plan, programme and prioritise own work in order to meet deadlines, targets and timetables.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Planner Degree & RTPI
- A minimum of five years’ post qualification experience of negotiating S106 Agreements
- Sound basic knowledge of relevant planning legislation, policies and procedures
- Experience of working on major applications
- Experience of advising members, senior officers, developers and the public is required
- Experience of processing the full range of minor and other plus smaller major applications is required
- Experience of validations and case allocation of all types of application including smaller major applications required
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Planner – Development Control (re-opened)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.