- Pay Rate:
£15.40 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Temporary Placement Officer -Admin & Clerical
Reference no: Bromley RQ728312
Pay Rate: £15.40 per hour PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The post-holder will support with sourcing placements and packages of care for Adults or Children across the next six months in line with LBB policies and procedures.
- Discharge the Authority’s responsibilities under the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation with respect to children in need, children in care and young people leaving the care system.
- Discharge the Authority’s responsibilities under ASCOF and other relevant legislation with respect to clients with disabilities, vulnerabilities and care needs.
- Ensure the council’s eligibility criteria, policies and procedure are followed in relation to service users.
- Help create packages of support to prevent unnecessary reception of children and young people into care and to assist adult clients to remain in their own home where possible and/or to move to suitable and appropriate residential care.
- Match service user needs to potential placements.
- Monitor the performance of current providers of placements and support services
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Educated to a high level – first degree or equivalent.
- Completion of the post graduate certificate in Commissioning in Public Care or any other relevant commissioning qualification -desirable
- Experience of negotiating agreements or contracts
- Experience of working in a local government or third sector environment, ideally within a social care or community care setting
- Previous experience of a customer focussed environment
- Evidence of continued professional and personal development
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in the use of computer packages and in undertaking administrative tasks.
- Ability to work within a framework of legislation, guidance, divisional policies and procedures
- Skilled in communicating orally and in writing in clear and correct English, including an ability to maintain concise and legible case records and the ability to produce reports as required.
- Ability to manage working time effectively to meet both professional priorities and administrative requirements.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- A high level of computer and IT skills and experience, record keeping and telephone communications, including the use of office software packages, eg databases, email and internet for research.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding, knowledge and skills in valuing diversity
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Placement Officer -Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.