- Pay Rate: £10.55 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Lincoln, LN1 1XX
A Personal Assistant is required to provide comprehensive and confidential administrative and secretarial support to the Senior Manager of Waste Management. Including diary management and acting as first point of contact for visitors, public, partnership members attending meetings etc. filtering and directing incoming enquiries and identify urgent matters and escalate /signpost as appropriate. Produce and distribute management documents, agendas, minutes, correspondence, reports, spreadsheets and presentations, within defined timeframes. Maintain secure data and filing records. Undertake support tasks such as research, progress chasing, co-ordination of organisation of events and compilation of summary briefing. Administer emails and action routine responses and acknowledgements and draft correspondence, under the appropriate direction. Monitor, track and co-ordinate any actions to be taken on decisions from meetings. Manage travel and accommodation arrangements and assist with arrangements for official visits.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Substantial recent PA/Secretarial experience, preferably within a similar role and ideally within a public sector organisation
- NVQ Level II or equivalent Experience in working in a senior
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise confidently at all levels.
- People and organisational skills of the highest order.
- Customer Care skills.
- Reliable and discreet.
- Customer focussed, approachable and friendly.
- Positive 'can do' attitude with the ability to stay calm under pressure when meeting deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Local Government and political awareness.
- Experience in maintaining highly confidential data and records.
- Fully conversant with office systems, diary management and time management.
- Shorthand or proven ability and experience in minute taking.
- Proficient keyboard skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages: Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel and Visio.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temp Personal Assistant / Administrator – Waste Management (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.