- Pay Rate:
Up to £13.99 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 5 months until further notice
Temporary Personal Assistant (Admin & Clerical)
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5210874
The role is primarily remote working but may be occasions when you will be expected to attend the office.
A Personal Assistant is needed to provide administrative support to several tier 3 managers enabling the best possible support to be provided to both internal and external customers.
- Dealing with confidential matters and handling a wide range of enquiries through to a satisfactory outcome, carrying out research and following up on planned tasks.
- Organisation of workload under minimal supervision.
- Work in a pro-active way to support Tier 3 managers in the performance of their duties.
- Provide administrative support to Tier 3 managers using a high level of communication, organisation, administrative skills.
- Undertake confidentiality, discretion, the use of initiative and the ability to work effectively with the Senior Management Team, staff at all levels and service users.
- Liaise with both internal and external officers, elected members of organisations, agencies etc. as appropriate.
- Deal sensitively with queries and concerns from members of the public, service users and carers, ensuring timely action is taken in the absence of the Manager.
- Type and prepare documents, correspondence/presentations from a variety of sources. This includes producing high quality, original letters from outline information and the use of spreadsheets.
- Co-ordinate and maintain diaries, arranging meetings and appointments, ensuring that commitments and competing demands are efficiently managed and future needs anticipated to enable managers to operate effectively.
- Opening, screening, and prioritising post, ensuring urgent replies are attended to. Recording of incoming and outgoing post, ensuring appropriate actions are followed through.
- Arrange, service and minute meetings (where agreed).
- Attend meetings as minute taker as agreed preparing the agenda ensuring that supporting documents are received in a timely way to enable the papers to be circulated in advance of the meeting.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Strong minute taking skills and experience of facilitating meetings.
- Experience in an administrative or PA/EA role, including undertaking clerical tasks such as diary management etc.
- Microsoft Office suite experience.
- Inbox management skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Personal Assistant (Admin & Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.