- Pay Rate:
£14.08 per hour PAYE, negotiable
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Temporary Personal Assistant / Admin – Children’s Social Care
Job Ref: Sefton RQ599528
To provide a comprehensive and confidential personal assistant support service. To support the Director and Head by proactively contributing to the efficiency of their time by providing comprehensive support systems and acting as first point of contact.
- Produce, collate and distribute documents in the corporate style, including agendas, minutes, correspondence, reports, spreadsheets and presentations, within agreed timeframes to support the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- Maintain secure and effective data recording and filing systems to support this activity ensuring appropriate access to key documents.
- Undertake a variety of support tasks including progress chasing, preparing papers/agendas/reports, document management etc. to agreed timeframes.
- Undertake basic research as required and compile summary briefings.
- Manage and co-ordinate projects as required including events and briefings.
- Filter a range of incoming information and to assess priorities to support the effectiveness of the above officers.
- Co-ordinate and support the activities associated with the diary management including the co-ordination of appointments, seminars, briefing sessions and meetings, booking venues, minute taking, and to be proactive in ensuring any follow up actions are managed.
- Organise travel arrangements and booking resources as required.
- Administer emails and where appropriate action routine responses and acknowledgements to correspondence and to draft, as directed, other responses to more detailed and complex issues including undertaking background research to inform responses.
- Respond to general correspondence and enquiries, both verbal and/or in writing, from Elected Members, service users, Directors, Heads of Service, Senior Officers, or external organisations.
- Act as the first a point of contact, filtering and directing incoming enquiries and identify urgent/sensitive matters and escalate/signpost as appropriate.
- Monitor, track and co-ordinate any actions to be taken on decisions from Committee or other meetings.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A recognised qualification in secretarial or administrative skills
- Qualification related to ICT.
- Qualification related to typing/word processing.
- Supporting a senior management team in a complex organisation.
- Providing administrative support and performing clerical tasks within a team environment.
- Establishing and managing a successful filing system and diary management system.
- Attending to visitors and responding to enquiries with the correct salutation.
- Working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- An understanding of local government; its structures and the services it provides to its customers.
- An understanding of the services provided within the directorate.
- Experience of shorthand and typing from dictation and using audio typing equipment.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to operate effectively with a high workload and to competing demands.
- Good communication skills to exchange information with a range of audiences, where the information can sometimes be complicated or of a sensitive nature.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team to achieve outcomes.
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to compose letters, holding responses and other documents for a wide range of audiences.
- Minute taking skills and experience.
- Good analytical skills, initiative and creativity.
- Basic research skills.
- Willingness to provide a wide range of support tasks including reception of visitors, procurement and provision of refreshments.
- Using IT applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc., to produce correspondence documents, spreadsheets or presentations and to maintain records.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Personal Assistant / Admin – Children’s Social Care PA
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.