- Pay Rate:
up to £13.87 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Permit & Support Officer / Administration x3 – Parking
Job Ref: Croydon 6355
To provide support, administration and advice including investigating and responding appropriately to Parking Permit and School Street queries. Applicants must be highly organised with the ability to learn quickly, manage and work multiple systems and have a professional phone manner.
- Produce standard and non-standard letters and reports.
- Accurately log and record all correspondence.
- Document imaging, index casework and statutory notices.
- Maintain stationery supplies and make collections or deliveries to other council locations.
- Process incoming payments not limited to, cash, card, cheque, on-line payments and process refunds.
- Review daily trans-listing of online permit payments, verifying criteria and issuing permits or refunds.
- Assist with checking permit applications and veryify keeper details.
- Manage and maintain correspondence including various email inboxes to correctly allocate / log case to officers and or work queues and forward FOI, SARS, GDPR, complaints, etc to the relevant teams.
- Answer and deal with telephone calls from staff and general public.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of administrative work including compilation of letters, filing, collation and data inputting.
- Calm under pressure and used to and comfortable working and multi-tasking in a highly pressurised environment.
- Good typing speed and ability to adapt letters where necessary.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as work well within a team.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, including experience of dealing with members of the public in person and on the telephone, particularly in difficult situations, in an efficient and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to explain complex information in a simple way to customers.
- Ability to process work accurately including checking for errors.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Permit & Support Officer / Administrator x3 – Parking
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.