- Pay Rate:
£15.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Temporary Pensions Officer
Job Ref: WNC 5027 23/06/22
To administer a pensions caseload to high standards of accuracy and attention to detail and with the appropriate standards of customer care. The post holder caseload will include reconciliation of deferred retirement, death pension benefits, calculating transfer quotations, answering pension queries and updating the member records.
- Work in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Pension Scheme Regulations, as well as legislation applying to associated compensation schemes and all appropriate overriding HMRC and pension.
- Benefit calculations, communications, data input and validation, and checking of colleague’s casework.
- Ensure incoming casework is correctly logged onto workflow system (using Altair) and allocated according to team priorities, ensuring good customer care.
- Check information from a variety of sources, e.g. employers, HR & Payroll, HMRC and update records, ensuring the data is accurate. Check accuracy of record checks, regulation interpretation and calculations carried out by other Pensions Staff commensurate to team specialism and continually review accuracy to ensure comprehensive and effective understanding.
- Provide advice and information to employers, scheme members, pensioners and dependents regarding pension processes to ensure efficient and effective administration of casework for the LGPS Scheme.
- Contribute to the Office Management procedures, such as maintenance of integrated letters, office supplies and task management.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience processing local government pension scheme pension benefits, deaths, annual allowance, divorce, retirements, deferred benefits, transfer in and transfer out.
- Good mathematical background (desirable).
- Altair software experience (desirable).
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Pensions Officer / Administration – Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.