- Pay Rate:
£9.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is assumed to be for a minimum of 4 weeks
Temporary Pensions Admin Officer – Employer Team
Reference no: Dorset 5194823
The candidate will initially be in the office for training, some of the tasks require printing of documents, therefore the team members go in one day a week on a rota basis
This post is required to assist the DC Employer Team Manager to ensure that a responsive, efficient, innovative service is provided to the Pensions Team.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of the LGPS scheme legislations relating to pay, contributions and absence
- Accurate calculation of final pay and CARE Scheme pay in accordance with LGPS legislation
- Preparation of Detail of Termination forms for all leavers of the Council
- Completion of estimate request and pre-retirement forms for the council and other employers who use the DC payroll system
- Provide retirement estimates for Teachers Premature Retirement
- Calculation and adjustment of DC Injury cases
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of queries advising employees, managers and external customers of the outcome
- Process applications for the payment of Additional Pension Contributions
- Initiate ill-health Tier 3 reviews and liaise with DC Occupational Health Section
- Ensure accurate provision of information to the Fund Actuary for DC Academy conversions
Such other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post as may be required from time to time by the Pensions Benefits Manager.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to GCSE level (5 grades A-C) or equivalent including Mathematics and English
- European Computer Driving Licence
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of administering public or private sector pension schemes
- Experience of computerised pensions administration, workflow and payroll systems
- Experience of a range of terms and conditions of employment, legislation and associated policies
- Working knowledge of public or private sector pension schemes
- Understanding of Data Protection Regulations
- Accurate calculation of Final pay and Care pay for the use in estimates, leavers and retirements
- Understanding of a range of terms and conditions of employment, legislation and associated policies relevant to the role
- Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent inter-personal & communication skills
- Ability to interpret and explain complex legislation in simple terms and incorporate into working practices
- Ability to confidently collaborate and network with Pension Team colleagues and DC Payroll Colleagues to share ideas and improve working practices
- ICT Skills:
- Use of ICT office systems or similar understanding of the importance of accurate record keeping in Pensions service delivery and the associated legislative framework
- Basic knowledge of payroll processes and in particular use of the SAP system
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Pensions Admin Officer – Employer Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.