- Pay Rate:
£16.96 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Catford, London,
Temporary PCV Passenger Driver - Passenger Services
Reference no: Lewisham 0006 138E / 1
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role.
Must be able to work split shifts between 07:00 and 18:00.
The purpose of the role is to undertake all duties allied to the driving and using of ancillary equipment to meet the customer specification for Passenger Services, within cost and legal compliance. To accept responsibility for the processes of service delivery including health and safety and service led requirements
- Drive and/or act as an attendant on Passenger Services vehicles, carrying passengers, post or packages.
- Responsible for the vehicle and the safety of all passengers (including colleagues) while working on the rounds
- Ensure that all vehicles driven within the scope of their individual license to meet legal condition specifications and are safe and suitable for the purpose for which they are to be used. This is to be achieved by a nil defect reporting system following a vehicle check before each vehicle use.
- Responsible for legal compliance, in respect to vehicle roadworthiness, drivers hours, working time directive and all in scope legal requirements. To drive in a courteous, responsible and safe manner taking into account the needs of passengers and/or goods.
- Determine the appropriate safety criteria which meets each individuals’ needs within the contract specification and costings.
- Complete work records daily to comply with both legal, and Lewisham corporate obligations. This will include, but is not confined to: tachographs, driver’s hours, working time directive and other in-scope and future legislation as required.
- Collect and drop-off customers within the scope of the contract specification, either within or outside the borough.
- Ensure that the vehicle is valeted and carries appropriate equipment (e.g. fire extinguisher, first aid kit, hygiene packs, safety hammer etc) and meets at least the minimum requirement for vehicle condition.
- Ensure all wheelchairs and passengers are properly secured, all seat belts are being used and that all safety devices are in use as necessary. To operate tail-lift or ancillary equipment.
- Assist customers in embarking or disembarking the vehicle and ensuring that they are not left in other than a safe and appropriate place of shelter as defined by the contract specification. To seek advice from the Passenger Services office team if a place of safety cannot be accessed
- Notify a relevant Manager promptly and as soon as possible of all adverse events i.e. accidents, incidents, verbal or physical abuse, related to their normal work activities and complete all appropriate paperwork immediately on return to base.
- Responsible for the well-being of customers whilst in the care of Passenger Services. To report immediately, and in any event on return to base, in writing, for possible further action, any concerns which drivers have, which may be triggered by unusual events, behaviour or physical appearance of customers.
- Ensure bus seating plans and travel notes relating to customer needs are amended as necessary and kept up to date, while ensuring adherence to Data Protection regulations.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- To hold a current driving license with a minimum D1 entitlement
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy Skills.
- Tachographs Card Required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Of driving passenger transport vehicles
- Of working with people with special needs, either paid or voluntary
- Of working as part of a team
- Demonstrable experience of dealing effectively with the public face to face.
- Knowledge of operational procedures, including daily checks, incident.
- reports etc, and tachographs in order to comply with current legislation.
- Knowledge of safe and effective use of vehicle equipment and Driver Attendant records to comply with legal, corporate and service demands.
- Awareness of Health and Safety Procedures applicable to the role.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed customer care skills, including an ability to deal sensitively with a wide range of customers and maintain good relationships.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with people with special needs and to determine the appropriate safety criteria to meet an individual’s needs i.e. wheelchair/passenger restraint etc.
- Ability to work effectively delivering allocated tasks and work priorities within a changing environment to meet deadlines on a day-to-day basis.
- Able to maintain discretion with dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to work on own initiative where appropriate, but identify when it is necessary to seek advice or refer any non-routine or more complex issues and queries to a senior officer.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Tacho Card Required.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary PCV Passenger Driver - Passenger Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.