- Pay Rate:
£16.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- HACKNEY, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Payroll/Admin Officer – Human Resources
Reference no: Hackney RQ605826
To deal effectively with payroll enquiries, and track customer cases to resolution
- Deal with queries arising from their own case load.
- Routes queries to other members of the wider payroll team.
To administer the HR/Pay system (including updates) in order to create prompt and accurate salary payments and pensions, and to ensure correct administration of all HR/Pay data amendments.
To ensure the accuracy and proper control of employee data on HR/Pay system, and in personnel files.
To actively contribute to the Payroll team, making constructive suggestions for change.
Gain and apply a working knowledge of local government conditions of service (including Green Book, Teachers) and relevant legislation (e.g. contracts of employment, DBS code, maternity entitlements, PAYE, National Insurance, etc.) in administering aspects of the payroll.
Assist in the provision of management information from the HR/Pay system as required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent payroll/financial administration experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Outline knowledge of local government conditions of service and some understanding of how to apply these in administering aspects of the HR/ payroll service
- Outline Knowledge and understanding of statutory payroll requirements including PAYE Income Tax, National Insurance Contributions, Statutory Sick and Maternity Pay
- Demonstrate ability to use of HR/Pay/Recruitment systems (or similar IT systems) to respond to queries from external and internal customers, undertake key transactions, and produce management information and reports
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Payroll/Admin Officer – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.